Add a Task
Add Tasks related to a specific item to keep track of what work you need to do on any given Project, Issue/Ticket, Retainer or Sale/Opportunity. Tasks are essential to delegating work that needs to be done, as well as to give yourself a "to do" list to ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner.
Using this guide, you can:
Add a Task on a Page
Add Tasks directly to a Sale, Ticket, Project, etc in order to automatically create that Task against the correct object. Create Tasks quickly in the Task section found on a Company or Client page.
To add a task to a specific page:
- Find the page you wish to associate the task with. You can View a Sale, a Company, a Retainer, etc.
- Select Tasks on the available Tabs that may appear. If it does not have a Task tab, it is because you are unable to add a Task on it. Some examples include Invoices, or Contacts. A special exception is Projects, as the Tasks are placed on the Project Plan or Overview instead.
- Click the Add Task button. If you have no Tasks yet for the Object, it may say Create New Task instead.
- The Against field will be automatically filled to reflect the page you are assigning the Task from.
- The Task pop-up will have a number of details you can populate. We will go over each one here.
- Against - This field is what your Task is being placed against. Typically your Company or Work Objects. This is one of the required fields for a Task to be saved.
- Title - This is the Title of your Task. Usually it is a brief summary of what the Work is. This is one of the required fields for a Task to be saved.
- Description - These are the main details of the Task. If the work requires elaboration or otherwise, this is the best place to put it so the Assignee can read the important details every time they open up the Task.
- Attachments - You can choose to upload any related files to the Task or view any existing files attached to the Task.
- Budget - How much time do you think the Task will take? Anything added here will automatically fill out the Remaining Time to be the same amount when saved.
- Start Date - The date you believe your Task should be started. Remaining Time will be automatically scheduled beginning on this date.
- Due Date - The date you believed your Task should be finished by. Remaining Time will have all time left scheduled before or on this date.
- Skills - These are Skills required for the Task. Helpful when matching up an appropriate Staff Assignee.
- Tags - The Tags you wish to place on the Task. Useful for quick filtering when viewing through lists.
- Assignee - The Assignee is the individual expected to work and finish the Task. They can be set to receive notifications on the Task.
- Manager - The Manager is the individual expected to be in charge of the Task. Often times they are the same as the Assignee. They can be set to receive notifications on the Task.
- Status - This is the current state of the Task. The available options at the beginning are Pending (this Task is pending Acceptance by the Assignee) , Accept (the Assignee has accepted the responsibility of this work), and Started (the Assignee has begun work). Later available statuses are setting it to be Inactive or Complete, but these are not available on creation - afterall, why would you create an inactive Task or one that is already completed?
- Hit Save and your Task will be created. By default it will show up on the Taskboard and Task list of the Assignee, and any Remaining Time on there will be automatically scheduled on their available work days.
Add a Task from the Create button
Create a Task from any page using the Navigation bar. This is the simplest way to Create a Task, as you will be able to create a task against any page, company, client, sale, project, etc, all in one location.
To add a task from the create button:
- Click on the +Create button on the Navigation bar and select Task.
- Choose an Object you want to assign this Task Against by searching for it.
- Follow the instructions for Adding a Task, skipping to Step 5.