The Accelo inbox always aggregates all your client-facing e-mails into one location. The Inbox module of Accelo functions much like the inbox of your current email program, allowing you to keep yourself appraised of all your correspondence. However, where your standard inbox focuses on read and unread messages to inform you of what needs to be done, Accelo's Inbox uses Actioning to determine when work stemming from an Activity is truly complete.
Using this guide, you can:
Navigating your Inbox
Much like the Gmail interface, Accelo's Inbox displays all unactioned Activities by default, and when one is selected, will display the Activity's history (email thread) to the right.
Activities in the left column display five important pieces of information related to the e-mail:
- Subject: The Activity's subject line
- Contact: The person who created the Activity
- Company: The affiliation (Client) that this message from this Contact is under
- Time or Date Received: The date which the Activity was created on
- Parent Object: The object which the Activity is listed under. This can range from a Client page to a Sale, Project Milestone, Invoice, etc.
Manage your Emails
There are a large number of options on how you manage your emails in Accelo.
- View the message in a separate window for a more detailed overview of the message, its history and attachments.
- Reply to the message. Choose Reply All by clicking the drop-down arrow.
- Relocate the Activity to another Object under the same Client/Contact.
- + New Task against the Object which the Activity is listed under. Accelo will set the Activity's subject and body as the Task's subject and body by default. You can find more information on these Tasks on the Tasks help page.
- Action the message to remove it from your active Inbox view. This course of action is used when no additional work needs to be completed relevant to this Activity.
- More - This button allows for additional options which will change the nature of the e-mail.
- Add Attachment to the E-mail.
- Convert the email to Sale.
- Convert the email to an Ticket.
- Delete the email.
Filter for Specific Activities
There are four drop-down boxes on the Inbox screen which will help you filter these Activities to find the ones you're looking for. You're able to select as many criteria from these boxes as you need.
- User: Chooses which Accelo User's inbox you're viewing.
- Against: Activities are created under objects such as Clients, Project Milestones, Invoices, etc. This box allows you to choose which object types' Activities are displayed.
- Type: Allows you to choose what type of Activity is displayed. Types include Notes, Email, Meetings, etc.
- Status: Choose whether you're viewing only Unactioned Activities, or both Actioned and Unactioned.