The team's been working hard knocking out our Product Priorities for Q1, which we're excited to share with you (along with a few other surprises) very soon! In the meantime, here are some of the bugs we crushed last week along with a few updates:
This is a niggling improvement that many of you have brought up to our Sales and Support teams, so we’re really excited to finally provide a place to configure this behaviour (within your Ticket or Project status progressions).
Previously, when a Ticket or Project was created - whether manually or auto-converted from a Request - you would need to specify a Retainer to link to. With this update, you don't have to think about always choosing the Retainer since the status progression logic (once configured) will tell the ticket to link to the newest, oldest, or no retainer at all.
These options are in play because it’s rather impossible to set up a default when you have multiple Contracts for a single contact, plus certain types of Requests/Tickets don’t attach themselves to a Contract (i.e. on-site work).
This update, with Zapier’s public API, allows profile fields and segmentations to be linked to a Contact/Affiliation/Company that’s associated with the request.
Our team were alerted to a quirk where the options in the Class field (for a time/activity log) weren't being displayed as they should be - based on the object (Project, Ticket, etc.) you are logging against. We've fixed up the bug so choosing the activity class will always present an accurate list of options.
This anomaly had the Milestone Budget method reverting to Calculated under certain circumstances. For instance, when a Milestone was set to have a defined price, if you edited a task and then went back to look at the milestone budget settings, they would revert back to calculated - but would only truly change if you hit Save. This hiccup is now fixed!
After some serious head-scratching, the team tracked down a curious permissions bug which was allowing some users to wipe out their configured "Work Week" (aka Working Days). This happened when a user didn’t have permission to edit their work week - when they’d go into their user preferences screen and hit save, they’d end up wiping out their work week.
We’ve fixed a bug so that you now have better text alignment of hours and minutes. Before, the hours and minutes in the Work Summary section were slightly misaligned, as opposed to the Work Detail section where both hours and minutes were perfectly aligned.
Accelo has several levels of permissions, ranging from full system access right down to limiting a user to view only objects assigned to them. Those running with the most strict scenario helped identify a problem with the Upcoming Work view found on many screens - such as View Ticket, View Sale and View Retainer - where tasks weren't showing up. It turns out that the assignees were not seeing their own tasks unless they had permission to view all tasks - which was incorrect.
It was discovered that when itemizing an invoice line item into additional lines - such as splitting them out by Rate used, or Staff member who logged the work - these extra lines were repeating the Ticket details. While this only occurred if you were invoicing for Tickets and had configured the invoice template to show the extra Ticket detail in the line items, we accept that your client-facing invoices need to be super accurate and simple to read so our team have straightened out this edge case earlier this week.
This little update is actually quite powerful - so please take care before toggling it! When turned on, it will override Accelo's default behaviour, whereby the creator of an object always gets permission to view/edit/process/delete it, instead giving the creator no additional permissions for that object. This means that if they set the assignee/manager to someone else, they may not be able to view it after creating it! Look under the Admin Dashboard (Manage Account) screen for the new module setting.
The Company Dashboard's Period filter offers a built-in option for "Last Week". Using that option, the dashboard was sometimes filtering to the past two days, rather than the past week. Our team worked out the funny timezone kinks causing this bug and all seems well now.
Invoices in Accelo were syncing over to Saasu correctly, but for a short time we had a problem with pulling the Saasu invoice details back into Accelo - particularly the invoice number assigned by Saasu (which is important to track in Accelo). The team have corrected an issue with the way we were parsing in the data from Saasu, and refreshed a number of client invoices so there appear to be no further issues.